Centre-State Science Conclave
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Centre-State Science Conclave’ in Ahmedabad via video conferencing.
Highlights of the Science Conclave: Prime Minister’s Remarks
Science and India
- Science is like that energy in the development of 21st century India, which has the power to accelerate the development of every region and the development of every state.
- Today, when India is moving towards leading the fourth industrial revolution, the role of India's science and people related to this field is very important. In such a situation, the responsibility of people in administration and policy making increases significantly.
- Prime Minister emphasized that Science is the basis of solutions, evolution and innovation. And, it is with this inspiration, that today's new India is moving forward with Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Vigyan as well as Jai Anusandhan.
- The early decades of the last century, we find how the world was going through a period of devastation and tragedy. But even in that era, whether it was about the East or the West, scientists everywhere were engaged in their great discovery. In the West, scientists like Einstein, Fermi, Max Planck, Niels Bohr, and Tesla were dazzling the world with their experiments. In the same period, many scientists including CV Raman, Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendranath Bose, Meghnad Saha, and S Chandrashekhar were bringing their new discoveries to the fore.
No due recognition
- Be it East or West we were not giving due recognition to the work of our scientists. The Prime Minister pointed out that when we celebrate the achievements of our scientists, science becomes part of our society, and it becomes part of the culture.
- The role of Indian scientists in developing the Corona vaccine and contributing to the world's biggest vaccine drive is tremendous.
- Prime Minister listed new sectors and missions in the field of research and innovation to support the innovative spirit of the youth. He gave examples of Space Mission, National Supercomputing Mission, semiconductor mission, Mission Hydrogen and drone technology.
Need of the hour
- Prime Minister highlighted that in order to make India a global centre of research and innovation in this Amrit Kaal, we have to work on many fronts simultaneously. He stressed the need to take science and technology-related research to the local level.
- States need to promote research and innovation as per their local needs.
- Innovation can be encouraged by laying emphasis on the creation of more and more scientific institutions and simplification of processes by the state governments.
- The number of innovation labs should also be increased in the institutions of higher education in the states. Every state needs to lay down modern policy regarding Science, innovation and technology.
- States should take full advantage of the ability and expertise of many national-level scientific institutes, and national laboratories that are present. We also have to take our science-related institutions out of the state of silos for optimum utilisation of scientific institutions and expertise
- There is a need for science promotion events at the grassroots level.
- The ‘State-Centre Science Conclave’ will add a new dimension and resolve toward the progress of Science in the country.
- The coming 25 years are the most important years for India as it will determine the new identity and strength of India to come. Stakeholders need to take the learnings from this conclave to their states and contribute toward nation-building.