Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: www.thehawk.in
Context: The AGNI initiative, launched by the Central Council for Research in Ayurveda Sciences (CCRAS), Ministry of Ayush, is a significant step towards promoting research and innovation among Ayurveda practitioners.
- The "Ayurveda Gyan Naipunya Initiative" (AGNI) is a new undertaking by the Central Council for Research in Ayurveda Sciences (CCRAS), under the Ministry of Ayush, aimed at promoting research and innovation among Ayurveda practitioners.
- The initiative focuses on documenting and publishing innovative medical practices and therapeutic regimens reported by Ayurveda practitioners for educational and academic purposes.
Objectives of AGNI
- Platform for Reporting Innovations: AGNI aims to provide a platform for Ayurveda practitioners to report their innovative practices and experiences in various disease conditions.
- Culture of Evidence-Based Practice: The initiative seeks to promote a culture of evidence-based practice among Ayurveda practitioners, encouraging them to base their practices on scientific validation and rigorous evidence.
- Documentation of Therapeutic Regimens: CCRAS will document and publish reported successful therapeutic regimens for various disease conditions, including single drugs, formulations, and procedures. This documentation is intended for educational and academic purposes.
- Capacity Building and Collaboration: AGNI aims to identify interested Ayurveda practitioners for collaboration in creating a database. This involves applications and capacity building through training in research methods and good clinical practices.
- Research for Mainstreaming Pragmatic Practices: The initiative plans to research mainstream pragmatic Ayurveda practices through scientific validation and evidence-based appraisal. This involves validating reported practices through rigorous research methodologies.
Implementation and Application Process
- Qualified Ayurveda practitioners interested in participating in AGNI are invited to submit an Expression of Interest. The format for EOI is available on the CCRAS website.
- The deadline for submitting the Expression of Interest is set for 15th December 2023.
Role of CCRAS
- CCRAS will document and publish the reported medical practices and therapeutic regimens. This information will be made available for educational and academic purposes.
- The documentation and publication process will be carried out in consultation with the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM).
- CCRAS may undertake further research studies on reported medical practices to validate them scientifically. This involves collaboration with Ayurveda practitioners and other relevant institutes/organizations.
Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS)
●The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy).
●It serves as the apex body in the country for undertaking, coordinating, formulating, developing, and promoting research on scientific lines in the field of Ayurvedic sciences.
●The primary objective of CCRAS is to conduct high-quality research in Ayurveda, the traditional system of medicine in India. This involves various aspects of research, including medicinal plants, drug standardization, pharmacological studies, clinical research, literary research, documentation, and tribal healthcare research.
●The headquarters of CCRAS is located in New Delhi, the capital city of India.
- AGNI represents a significant effort by CCRAS to harness the innovative practices of Ayurveda practitioners, document them for educational purposes, and subject them to rigorous scientific validation to further mainstream pragmatic Ayurveda practices. The initiative aims to create a collaborative environment for research and evidence-based practice in the field of Ayurveda.
Must Read Articles:
‘Ayurveda for One Health’ Campaign: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/ayurveda-for-one-health-campaign
International Classification of Diseases: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/international-classification-of-diseases
Q. Which sector does the AGNI initiative target for fostering research and innovation?
B) Information Technology
D) Space Exploration
Explanation: The AGNI initiative is dedicated to promoting research and innovation within the Ayurvedic sector.