‘AYURVEDA FOR ONE HEALTH’ CAMPAIGN
Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: www.mygov.in
Context: The 'Ayurveda for One Health' campaign and the 8th Ayurveda Day on November 10, 2023, aim to promote Ayurveda and its benefits, with a special focus on empowering and educating farmers in India.
- The 'Ayurveda for One Health' campaign is an initiative to promote Ayurveda and its holistic health benefits. Farmers from across the country are actively participating in this campaign.
- Organizations like RCFCs (Regional Cum Facilitation Centres) and SMPBs (State Medicinal Plant Boards) are playing a crucial role in creating awareness among farmers about the medicinal and economic value of plants, especially medicinal plants.
- The National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) is running a nationwide campaign to connect farmers with 'Ayurveda Day.' It focuses on educating farmers about the cultivation and economic importance of medicinal plants.
- The primary theme of the 8th Ayurveda Day event on November 10, 2023, is 'Ayurveda for Farmers.' The event aims to empower farmers by encouraging the cultivation of Ayurvedic herbs and plants as a part of their livelihood.
- Special emphasis is being placed on making farmers aware of the economic significance of medicinal plants. Farmers are being educated about special cultivation techniques through the NMPB.
- The main event for 'Ayurveda Day' is scheduled to be held in Panchkula, Chandigarh, Haryana, on November 10, 2023. Farmers from across the country are invited to participate and gain information about the cultivation of medicinal plants.
- Efforts are being made to celebrate 'Ayurveda Day' as a global event, with teams from various ministries and institutions associated with the Ministry of AYUSH actively preparing for the event.
●Ayurveda Day, celebrated annually on Dhanvantari Jayanti (Dhanteras), honours the birth of Dhanvantari, the Hindu god of medicine. Falling in October or November, this day promotes Ayurveda, the ancient holistic healthcare system.
- The 'Ayurveda for One Health' campaign and the celebration of Ayurveda Day are important initiatives aimed at promoting Ayurveda, its benefits for farmers, and its significance in holistic healthcare.
Must Read Articles:
‘ONE HEALTH’ APPROACH: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/one-health-approach-37
Embracing A One Health Framework To Fight Antimicrobial Resistance: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/embracing-a-one-health-framework-to-fight-antimicrobial-resistance
Q. What is the main theme of the 8th Ayurveda Day?
A) Ayurvedic Cooking for Families
B) Ayurveda for Farmers
C) Ayurvedic Yoga and Meditation
D) Ayurvedic Beauty and Wellness
The 8th Ayurveda Day event on November 10, 2023, focuses on the theme 'Ayurveda for Farmers,' highlighting the application of Ayurvedic principles in agriculture and farming practices.