GS PAPER II: Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections of the population by the Centre and States and the Performance of these Schemes; Mechanisms, Laws, Institutions and Bodies constituted for the Protection and Betterment of these Vulnerable Sections.
Context: Ladakh Lt Governor launches YounTab scheme for students to encourage digital learning.
- Tablets were distributed to the students of 9 to 12 class as part of the first phase of the YounTab Scheme.
- A total of 12 thousand 300 students of 6th to 12th class from government schools will benefit from the scheme.
- YounTab scheme formulated to encourage digital learning, bridge the digital divide between connected and unconnected and mitigate the Covid pandemic disruptions.
- 91 new ICT labs would be set up while 2 Astronomy labs are already set up to develop scientific temperament among the students of Ladakh .
- Sharing other initiatives in the education sector, the administration is working on conducting classes during the winter season to high and higher secondary school students and on developing content in the local Ladakhi language.
- LG also appealed to the Leh and Kargil Hill Council administrations to ensure 100 percent enrollment and zero dropout upto class eight.