Yellow Gold 48
22nd July, 2021 Agriculture
- Last month, German agrochemicals major Bayer commercially launched first-ever yellow watermelon variety called “Yellow Gold 48” in India.
About Yellow Watermelon
- Yellow watermelon has been developed from superior germplasm.
- It has dark green rind with slight stripes and orange yellow flesh colour. Average weight of the fruit is 2.5 -3 kg.
- Yellow Gold 48 have enhanced yield potential, better disease & pest tolerance and higher returns which can benefit watermelon growers.
- Yellow Gold 48 variety is best suited for cultivation during October to February.
- Harvest can be done from April onwards.
- Yellow Gold 48 is having high yield and income potential that will empower watermelon growers to diversify into new categories.
- It will also help in growing demand for exotic fruits.