WOMEN SHGs IN INDIA
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has said that the Government is working with Women’s Self-Help Groups (SHGs) with the aim of creating 2 crore ‘Lakhpati Didis’ in villages.
- The PM observed that 10 crore women are today associated with Women’s Self-Help Groups.
- In villages today, one can find a Didi in the Bank, in the Anganwadi and a Didi to provide medicines.
- The Prime Minister spoke about agri-tech and made a pitch for leveraging the potential of science and technology in rural development. The PM said that 15,000 Women’s Self-Help Groups would be given loan and training for operating and repairing drones.
- “Drone ki Udaan”will be carried out by these Women’s Self-Help Groups, said the PM.
MUST READ ARTICLES:
Q. Self-help groups (SHG) can act as a bridge between women entrepreneurs who have the will to begin an enterprise but do not have the resources to fulfill their dream, and the finances needed for it. What are the challenges facing the Self-Help Groups in India? Suggest measures to overcome the issues.