Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has introduced a scheme named as 'Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad' (SSPCA).
All about 'Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad' (SSPCA)
- The scheme is aimed at bolstering the global competitiveness of Indian students in technical education.
- SSPCA is designed to financially support students aspiring to compete in international scientific events.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND MENTORSHIP
- Under the SSPCA scheme, individual students or student teams are eligible to receive travel grants to partake in international competitions.
- The assistance encompasses financial aid, mentorship, logistical support, and networking opportunities, enabling students to represent India on a global platform effectively.
SUPPORT PACKAGE DETAILS
- Financial aid provided by the AICTE scheme reaches up to Rs 2 lakh per student, covering various expenses like international and domestic travel, registration fees, visa applications, accommodation, airport taxes, travel insurance, and equipment costs related to the competition.
- Eligibility extends to students enrolled in diploma, BE/BTech, integrated MTech, ME/MTech programmes in AICTE-approved institutions, with each team being eligible for support once during their course of study.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is a statutory body and a national-level council for technical education in India.
- It was established in 1945 as an advisory body under the Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and later became a statutory body in 1987 through an Act of Parliament.
- AICTE is responsible for the regulation and proper maintenance of norms and standards in the technical education system of India.
Regulation and Accreditation:
- AICTE is responsible for the regulation and accreditation of technical education programs in India.
- It sets norms and standards for the establishment and operation of technical institutions, including engineering, pharmacy, management, architecture, and other allied disciplines.
Approval of Institutions and Courses:
- AICTE approves the establishment of new technical institutions and the introduction of new courses in existing institutions.
- It evaluates the infrastructure, faculty qualifications, and other necessary parameters before granting approval.
- AICTE plays a crucial role in ensuring the quality of technical education in the country.
- It conducts periodic evaluations and assessments of technical institutions to ensure they adhere to the prescribed standards.
Promotion of Research and Development:
- AICTE encourages research and development activities in technical institutions by providing grants, funding, and support for research projects.
- It promotes collaboration between academia and industry to foster innovation and technological advancement.
- AICTE formulates policies and guidelines related to technical education in consultation with various stakeholders, including government bodies, educational institutions, industry representatives, and experts in the field.
Facilitation of Training Programs:
- AICTE organizes training programs, workshops, seminars, and conferences for faculty members, administrators, and other stakeholders to enhance their skills and knowledge in technical education.
- AICTE facilitates international collaboration and exchange programs with foreign universities and institutions to promote academic and research partnerships and to facilitate the exchange of students and faculty.
Promotion of Entrepreneurship:
- AICTE encourages entrepreneurship among students and faculty by supporting incubation centers, startup initiatives, and entrepreneurship development programs in technical institutions.
Monitoring and Enforcement:
- AICTE monitors the compliance of technical institutions with the prescribed norms and standards.
- It takes necessary enforcement actions against institutions found to be non-compliant or engaged in malpractices.
- AICTE promotes the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in technical education through initiatives such as online learning platforms, digital libraries, and e-governance systems.
Overall, AICTE plays a pivotal role in shaping the landscape of technical education in India by ensuring quality standards, promoting innovation and research, and fostering collaboration between academia, industry, and government stakeholders.
Q. Which governmental scheme aims to enhance the global competitiveness of Indian students in technical education by providing financial support for participating in international scientific events?
a)Student Support Program for Global Competitiveness (SSPGC)
b)Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad (SSPCA)
c)International Student Assistance Fund (ISAF)
d)Global Technical Education Support Scheme (GTESS)
Correct answer: b) Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad (SSPCA)