Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshata Aur Kushalata Sampanna Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is a Central Sector Scheme launched during the 2020-21 period in India.
- Its main objective is to enhance the competency level of specific target groups, making them employable for both self-employment and wage-employment to support their socio-economic development.
Key details of the scheme
- Age Criteria: Between 18 to 45 years.
- Income Criteria:
- No income limit for SCs, Safai Karamcharis (including waste pickers), and DNTs.
- Annual family income below Rs. 3 lakh for OBCs.
- Annual family income below Rs. 1 lakh for EBCs.
- The scheme primarily focuses on the following target groups:
- Scheduled Castes (SCs)
- Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- Economically Backward Classes (EBCs)
- Denotified Tribes (DNTs)
- Safai Karamcharis, including waste pickers
Types of Trainings and Costs
- Up-skilling/Reskilling (35 to 60 hours/5 days to 35 days): Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 8,000 per candidate.
- Short Term Training (300 hours/3 months): Rs. 22,000 per candidate.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme (90 hours/15 days): Rs. 7,000 per candidate.
- Long Term Training (650 hours/7 months): Rs. 45,000 per candidate.
- The cost of training varies based on the duration of the course and follows common norms issued by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
- Safai Karamcharis, including waste pickers, receive Up-skilling for 35 hours/5 days with an average cost of Rs. 3,000 per candidate.
Financial Support for Trainees
- Training for candidates is provided free of cost.
- Stipend of Rs. 1,500 per month is provided to SCs and Safai Karamcharis.
- OBCs, EBCs, and DNTs receive Rs. 1,000 per month for non-residential Short Term and Long Term training courses.
- Wage compensation of Rs. 2,500 per candidate is given to SCs, OBCs, EBCs, and DNTs candidates for Upskilling/Reskilling programs.
- Safai Karamcharis candidates receive wage compensation of Rs. 500 per candidate for Upskilling programs.
Performance (2020-21 to 2022-23)
- Target: 1,39,658 candidates
- Commenced Training: 1,07,120 candidates
- Placement (up to 31.07.2023): 77,237 candidates
- Financial Target: Rs. 213.83 crore
- Funds Released: Rs. 127.95 crore
Future Targets (2023-24 to 2025-26)
- Target: 1,69,300 candidates
- Estimated Expenditure: Rs. 286.42 crore
Q. Which of the following statements about PM-DAKSH Yojana is/are correct?
1.The Pradhan Mantri Dakshata Aur Kushalata Sampanna Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana was launched during 2020-21.
2.The age criterion for this scheme is between 18-45 years.
3.The training provided under PM-DAKSH Yojana is not free of cost.
A) Only Statement 1 is true.
B) Statements 1 and 2 are true.
C) Statements 2 and 3 are true.
D) All three statements are true.
Correct Answer: B)