25th May, 2023 Defence
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- In yet another historic event in the maritime calendar of India, INSV Tarini touched the Indian shores on successful completion of a 17000nm trans-ocean inter-continental voyage, after 188 days.
- INSV Tarini’s historic voyage from Goa to Rio de Janerio via Cape Town and back spanned 188 eventful days of achievement.
- It signifies the exemplary display of valour, courage and perseverance by the crew and highlighted the Indian Navy’s role as a pioneer in the country in ocean sailing.
- Such achievements should be recorded for posterity and shared with the entire nation to encourage and motivate young boys and girls to not only join the armed forces, but also serve the nation with pride and honour.
- The achievement of crew in navigating through adverse weather conditions and undertaking inhouse repairs whenever needed are shining examples of innovation and ingenuity that our countrymen possess.
- This voyage towards women empowerment is not an end, but the start of a new phase of providing an ocean of opportunities to female sailors to conquer the seven seas.
MUST READ ARTICLES:
Q) Which of the following statements with reference to INSV Tarini is/are correct?
1. It is known for circumnavigating the globe with an all-women officer crew in the historic expedition titled ‘Navika Sagar Parikrama’ in 2017.
2. It is the second sailboat of Indian Navy after INSV Mhedi.
3. Its voyage was from Goa to Rio de Janerio via Cape Town.
Correct Answer: 4