E-SAKSHI APP UNDER MPLADS
Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: pib.gov.in
Context: The e-SAKSHI app is a digital initiative launched by the Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) under the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) in India.
- The initiative aims to revolutionize the way MPs track and manage development projects in their constituencies, ushering in greater transparency and efficiency. Let's delve into the details:
What is MPLADS?
- MPLADS is a flagship scheme where each MP gets Rs. 5 crores annually to recommend developmental projects in their constituency. These projects can range from building toilets and bridges to providing drinking water and electricity.
- Prior to e-SAKSHI, the process was largely paper-based, leading to delays, lack of transparency, and potential for misuse of funds.
How does e-SAKSHI work?
- Digital Platform: The app provides a single platform for all project-related activities, from proposal submission to completion.
- Real-time Tracking: MPs can track the progress of projects at every stage, from sanctioning of funds to execution and completion.
- Geo-Tagging and Photos: Photographs and geo-tagged locations provide evidence of progress and prevent ghost projects.
- Transparency and Accountability: All information about projects, contractors, and fund flow is available on the app, enhancing accountability and reducing the risk of corruption.
- Communication and Feedback: MPs can directly communicate with stakeholders, including officials and beneficiaries, to receive feedback and address concerns.
Benefits of e-SAKSHI
- Improved Efficiency: Streamlines the project lifecycle, from proposal to completion, saving time and resources.
- Enhanced Transparency: Increases transparency in fund allocation and utilization, fostering public trust.
- Reduced Corruption: Real-time monitoring and public access to information reduce the risk of misuse of funds.
- Better Decision-Making: Provides MPs with data-driven insights to make informed decisions about project selection and resource allocation.
- Empowered Beneficiaries: Gives beneficiaries a platform to voice their concerns and track project progress.
Challenges and Future Improvements
- Digital Gap: Bridging the digital divide in rural areas to ensure wider adoption of the app.
- Data Accuracy: Ensuring accuracy and timely updates of information on the app.
- Capacity Building: Training MPs and officials on using the app effectively.
- Offline Functionality: Enabling offline access to information for areas with limited internet connectivity.
- The e-SAKSHI app represents a significant step towards streamlining and improving MPLADS implementation. By promoting transparency, efficiency, and accountability, it has the potential to empower MPs, enhance development outcomes, and foster greater public trust in the scheme.
Must Read Articles:
What is e-SAKSHI in the context of recent news?
A) A new social media platform
B) A digital initiative under MPLADS
C) A mobile gaming application
D) A space exploration project
e-SAKSHI is a digital initiative launched by the Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) under the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS).