Sarang helicopter Display Team
21st July, 2021 Security and Defence
- The Sarang Helicopter Display Team of the Indian Air Force will perform for the first time at the MAKS International Air Show held at Zhukovsky International Airport, Russia.
- Sarang is the helicopter air display team of the Indian Air Force that flies four modified HAL Dhruv helicopters, also known as Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH).
- The Sarang Team was formed in 2003 at Bangalore and its first international display was at the Asian Aerospace Airshow at Singapore in 2004.
- Since then, Sarang has represented Indian aviation at air shows and ceremonial occasions in UAE, Germany, UK, Bahrain, Mauritius and Sri Lanka
- Apart from aerobatics displays at national and international venues, the team has also taken active part in numerous Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Missions.
About HAL Dhruv
- The HAL Dhruv is a utility helicopter designed and developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It is designed to meet the requirement of both military and civil operators, with military variants of the helicopter being developed for the Indian Armed Forces.
- Based on the Dhruv platform, the HAL Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) a dedicated attack helicopter and HAL Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), a utility and observation helicopter, are currently being developed.