PRADHAN MANTRI RASHTRIYA BAL PURASKAR 2024
Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: jknewstoday.com
Context: The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) is a prestigious annual award that recognizes and celebrates the exceptional achievements of children in India aged 5-18 years.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2024 Awards:
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) awards are a prestigious recognition of exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in Indian children aged 5-18.
- These awards celebrate the diverse talents and contributions of young minds across the nation, inspiring others and fostering a sense of national pride.
- The PMRBP awards will be conferred by the President of India at a prestigious ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan on January 22nd, 2024.
Seven Categories of Excellence
- Bravery: For acts of exceptional courage and selflessness.
- Art & Culture: For outstanding contributions in the fields of music, dance, visual arts, literature, and other cultural pursuits.
- Environment: For remarkable efforts in environmental conservation and sustainability.
- Innovation: For groundbreaking inventions and creative solutions to challenges.
- Science & Technology: For exceptional achievements in scientific research and technological development.
- Social Service: For selfless dedication to social welfare and community development.
- Sports: For exceptional athletic accomplishments and sportsmanship.
2024 Awardees and Recognition
- This year, 19 children have been selected from across India for their remarkable achievements. The list includes:
- One child each in Bravery, Science & Technology, and Innovation.
- Four children in Social Service.
- Five children in Sports.
- Seven children in Art & Culture.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP)
●The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) is a prestigious award given to children in India who have demonstrated exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in a variety of fields.
●The awards are given in seven categories: Bravery, Art & Culture, Environment, Innovation, Science & Technology, Social Service, and Sports.
●The awards are administered by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
●The selection process for the PMRBP awards is rigorous. Nominations are invited from all over India. The nominations are then reviewed by a panel of experts, who select the awardees based on their achievements and potential.
●The awardees are typically between the ages of 5 and 18. They must have demonstrated exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in their chosen field.
●The PMRBP awards are conferred by the President of India at a prestigious ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. The ceremony is a celebration of the awardees' accomplishments and a testament to their dedication and hard work.
- The PMRBP awards play a vital role in promoting a culture of excellence and innovation among young people in India. They showcase the potential and achievements of the younger generation, inspiring others to pursue their dreams and contribute positively to society. Additionally, the awards highlight the importance of various fields, such as social service, environment, and innovation, encouraging young minds to engage in these critical areas.
Q. Why is it crucial for individuals and communities to actively recognize and promote good practices within society, and how does this recognition contribute to the overall well-being and progress of a community or society as a whole?