UGC allows 40% of courses in a semester through online mode
Context: Students may take up to 40% of the total courses in a semester in a programme through Swayam (Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) as per the new notification of the University Grants Commission. The UGC has notified it in the gazette.
- Swayam is the country’s national Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs)
- SWAYAM has been developed cooperatively by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) and AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) with the help of Microsoft and is equipped for facilitating 2,000 courses.
- SWAYAM operates MOOCs learning resources in different ways and structures. Learning in SWAYAM has four parts/quadrants: e-Tutorial, e-Content, discussion forums, assessment.
● It is an education learning platform initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) available 24x7 through 34 DTH channels.
● This initiative provides an educational program on Television on multiple time zones.