2nd WORLD LOCAL PRODUCTION FORUM
Copyright infringement not intended
Picture Courtesy: www.who.int
Context: The Indian delegation, led by the Union Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers, attended the 2nd World Local Production Forum in The Hague, Netherlands.
- The 2nd World Local Production Forum aims to bring together approximately 800 high-level participants from various sectors, including government officials, international organizations, development partners, finance institutions, private sector representatives, civil society members, and academia.
- This global event was initiated by the World Health Organization (WHO) to improve access to medicines and health technologies.
- The forum serves as a platform to address issues related to local production of medicines and healthcare technologies to enhance accessibility and affordability, which is crucial for global public health.
- During the visit, the Indian delegation signed a Memorandum of Intent with the Netherlands regarding cooperation in the field of medical product regulation.
- The delegation visited the European Medicines Agency, which plays a crucial role in regulating medicines in the European Union. This visit aims to foster ties and exchange information on regulatory practices and standards.
- The delegation visited Eindhoven to participate in the Kannada Rajyotsava 2023 Celebrations organized by the Shrigandha Holland Kannada Balaga.
- Kannada Rajyotsava is an annual celebration that commemorates the formation of the Indian state of Karnataka and it's celebrated with various cultural events and festivities.
- The Netherlands is located in Northwestern Europe and has overseas territories in the Caribbean.
- It shares land borders with Germany to the east and Belgium to the south.
- It has a North Sea coastline to the north and west.
- It also shares maritime borders with the United Kingdom, Germany, and Belgium in the North Sea.
- Dutch is the official language of the Netherlands.
- Amsterdam is the country's most populous city and is often considered the nominal capital, although the official capital of the Netherlands is Amsterdam.
- It became the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage in 2001, marking a significant milestone in LGBTQ+ rights.
- It consistently ranks high in various international indices, including press freedom, economic freedom, human development, quality of life, and happiness.
Must Read Articles:
WHO Global Summit on Traditional Medicine: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/who-global-summit-on-traditional-medicine
Q. Which of the following country share a land boundary with the Netherlands:
How many of the above code is/are correct?
A) Only one
B) Only two
C) Only three
D) All four
Explanation: The Netherlands shares land boundaries with Germany and Belgium.