Disclaimer: Copyright infringement intended.
- As part of Mission LiFE, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change conducted awareness activities.
- Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment) was launched by the Prime Minister on 20th October 2022 at Kevadia, Gujarat.
- At the 26th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP26) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) held in Glasgow, United Kingdom, India shared the mantra of LiFE - Lifestyle for Environment - to combat climate change.
- India is the first country to include LiFE in its Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
- It is an India-led global mass movement to nudge individual and community action to protect and preserve the environment.
- It focuses on bringing about behavior changes in individuals through simple easy-to-do actions.
Objectives of Mission LiFE
- Mission LiFE seeks to translate the vision of LiFE into measurable impact.
- Mission LiFE is designed with the objective to mobilize at least one billion Indians and other global citizens to take individual and collective action for protecting and preserving the environment in the period 2022 to 2027.
- Within India, at least 80% of all villages and urban local bodies are aimed to become environment-friendly by 2028.
- It aims to nudge individuals and communities to practice a lifestyle that is synchronous with nature and does not harm it.
Three Phases of Mission LiFE
- Each phase requires a fundamental shift in our approach towards sustainability.
- The ideas and ideals of LiFE will be implemented as a mission-mode, scientific and measurable programme.
- It seeks to demonstrate India’s commitment to walk the talk on climate change by taking the following steps:
- Coordinated and concerted actions by Ministries/Departments
- Compiling a comprehensive and non-exhaustive list of 75 LiFE actions for individuals, communities and institutions
- Conducting a baseline survey to gain insight into the baseline level of all LiFE action indicators against which success can be measured
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and impact of LiFE actions • Creation of LiFE Dashboard
Impact of Mission LiFE
- When estimated against a business-as-usual scenario by one billion Indians in 2022-23 to 2027-28, the impact of LiFE actions can be significant, as demonstrated below with select examples:
- The LiFE movement seeks to transform persons into 'pro-planet people', who would adopt sustainable lifestyles.
READ MORE ON MISSION LIFE: https://iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/mission-life
Q. Consider the following statements with reference to Mission LiFE:
1.Mission LiFE is an India-led global mass movement to nudge individual and community action to protect and preserve the environment.
2.India is the first country to include LiFE in its Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
3.Mission LiFE is designed with the objective to mobilize at least one billion Indians and other global citizens to take individual and collective action for protecting and preserving the environment in the period 2022 to 2027.
How many of the above are correct?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) All 3
Answer: C) All 3