eSARAS Mobile App
Copyright infringement not intended
Context: The Deendayal Antyodaya Yojna- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) has taken another step to support the marketing of products made by women of Self-help Groups (SHGs) by launching the eSARAS mobile App. The App, which is an initiative of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), will provide a more effective platform for selling the best and most authentic handicrafts and hand looms made by the SHGs.
- The eSARAS mobile App was launched by the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- The Minister also inaugurated the eSARAS Fulfillment Centre at the Ministry’s Janakpuri office in New Delhi. The Fulfillment Centre will be managed by the Foundation for Development of Rural Value Chains (FDRVC), a Not for Profit Company constituted jointly by MoRD and Tata Trust.
- The Centre will handle the logistics required to process, package and ship the products that customers order through the eSARAS Portal and App.
- It will also ensure that the products reach the customers' doorstep in a timely and safe manner.
- The eSARAS mobile App is a part of the MoRD's efforts to promote the spirit of Vocal for Local and empower the SHG women by providing them with multiple sources of livelihood.
- Through the eSARAS mobile App, customers can access a wide range of handmade products made by SHG women from different parts of the country.
- The App also enables customers to rate and review the products, as well as share feedback with the SHG women directly.
SELF-HELP GROUPS (SHGs): https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/self-help-groups-shgs
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM): https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/day-nrlm
Q. What is the main objective of the eSARAS mobile app?
1. To promote the spirit of Vocal for Local.
2. To empower the SHG women by providing them with multiple sources of livelihood.
3. To connect SHG women with buyers and service providers across India.
Choose the correct code;
A) 1 and 2 only
B) 2 and 3 only
C) 1 and 3 only
D) 1, 2 and 3
Explanation: The eSARAS mobile app aims to achieve all of the above objectives by creating a digital platform for SHG women to market their products and services, access various resources such as training, credit, certification, etc., and support the Vocal for Local initiative by encouraging local production and consumption.