Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is preparing for its next big commercial mission to launch a Singaporean Earth Observation satellite - TeLEOS-2.
TeLEOS 2: Fast Facts
- The TeLEOS 2 is a 750kg Earth Observation Satellite.
- It is designed to capture round-the-clock, all-weather satellite imagery of the Earth.
- It features synthetic aperture radar which can provide data in 1-metre resolution.
- It will provide imagery that will be used for hotspot monitoring and haze management, along with assistance in aviation accidents, search and rescue operations, and more.
- TeLEOS-2 will be launched aboard ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), which will take off on its 55th mission.
- The ISRO will use the XL variant of PSLV in the upcoming C-55 mission.
Note: This is also not the first time the ISRO will be launching a Singaporean satellite from India. It launched three Singaporean satellites with the PSLVC-53 mission in June 2022 and in 2015, the ISRO launched the TeLEOS-1, which was the first Singapore commercial Earth Observation Satellite.
- The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) is the first Indian launch vehicle with liquid stages.
- The PSLV is called the 'the Workhorse of ISRO' as it has consistently delivered various satellites to Low Earth Orbits.
- The rocket can carry up to 1,750 kg of payload to 600 km altitude.
- It can also place multiple payloads into orbit with multi-payload adaptors.
Q. Which of the following statements are correct in reference to the TeLEOS 2 Satellite?
a) The TeLEOS 2 is a 750kg Earth Observation Satellite launched by NASA.
b) It features synthetic aperture radar which can provide data in 10-meter resolution.
1. Only a
2. Only b
3. Both a and b
4. None of the above.
Correct Answer: Option 4