Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Seventh edition of the Indian Navy – US Navy (IN – USN) Salvage and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) exercise, SALVEX was conducted from 26 Jun – 06 Jul 23 at Kochi.
About SALVEX Exercise
- The maiden IN-USN SALVEX was conducted in 2005.
- In 2011, US and Indian Navy divers began the joint Salvage and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) exercise, SALVEX series of exercises off Port Blair in the Andaman Sea, India.
- SALVEX is an exercise aimed to strengthen US and Indian divers’ capability in diving and salvage techniques.
Highlights of the 2023 SALVEX Exercise
- The exercise saw participation from both the navies which included the ships – INS Nireekshak and USNS Salvor in addition to Specialist Diving and EOD teams.
- Spanning over 10 days, the diving teams of both countries shared experiences on maritime salvage and trained together in various facets of EOD operations on land as well as at sea.
- SALVEX also saw the conduct of joint training exercises towards enhancing interoperability, cohesiveness and gaining from best practices mutually in maritime salvage and EOD operations.
- The constructive engagements on operational terms enhanced the skill sets of the diving teams in a number of diverse disciplines such as mine detection and neutralization, wreck location and salvage.
Q. Match the following:
1. Exercise Ekuverin a. Sri Lanka.
2. Exercise Yuddh Abhyas b. The U.S
3. Dharma Guardian c. Maldives
4. Exercise Mitra Shakti d. Japan
A. 1-a, 2-d, 3-c, 4-a
B. 1-c, 2-a, 3-d, 4-b
C. 1-c, 2-b, 3-d, 4-a
D. 1-d, 2-a, 3-c, 4-b
Answer: C. 1-c, 2-b, 3-d, 4-a
READ ABOUT IMPORTANT EXERCISES: https://www.iasgyan.in/blogs/important-military-exercises-between-india-and-other-countries